Blót is the term for "sacrifice" in Norse paganism.
In this game you need to please the gods by sacrificing wood and crop for the path to open. Thor will use thunder and lightning to ensure you don't drag your feet.
1. Use A/D (or Left/Right Arrow) to run.
2. Space to Jump.
3. Left Ctrl to chop wood and harvest crop.
4. Make sure you have enough to offer when you reach a runestone.
SpeedRun Leader Board (updated every now and then)
- Secret Pocket Cat (1:44:926)
- Hagge (2:55:897)
- Imphenzia (3:28:729) (Imphenzia's Run) - This doesn't count btw, I can't win anything =)
This game was made from scratch in 48 hours for Ludum Dare 43. The theme for LD43 was "Sacrifices must be made"
* 3D modeling and animations made in Blender
* Music made in Cubase
* Game made in Unity3D
* Sound Effects made with Sony PCM M10 Recorder and edited in Sound Forge
Watch the narrated timelapse recorded while making this game:
4th December: I have also added a WebGL version and I based that on the CompoVersion to support widescreen and not cause the screen to freeze up too much during lightning strikes. For the best experience, I recommend the download version as it has better performance and sound.
I have added a new download version of the game (Imphenzia-BlotCompoVersion-Windows.zip) - the new version contains the following changes:
Major Bug Fixes:
* You can now press OK when the game has finished to return to the menu
* Fixed UI scaling to support ultra-wide monitors so content wasn't invisible
* Added a timer on play UI screen and end screen to support speed run competitions
* Added a Quit button in the main menu for your convenience
* Pooled lightning strikes as instantiating them caused lag on some machines
* Hid mouse cursor during game play for better screen recording