The new Android version of this game is about to be released - check it out. I've been making this during evenings since Ludum Dare ended.
[LD42] Parking Spaces
I've spent the past three weeks remaking this game and the new version will appear in the Google Play Store (and on other platforms soon):
I was on holiday for Ludum Dare 42 so I wasn't able to dedicate much time this time around but this is what I came up with in about 8 hours.
- You control car with red outline.
- Use A/D or Left/Right Arrows to steer.
- Use W or Up Arrow to "commit" to a parking space (you can no longer control that car)
- Don't let the car crash into one another or into a barricade.
Hints: Car will pick suitable space itself (front / back row) but make sure that the car in front intends to park longer than the one behind. The timer on the car states how long it will park. Make sure to allow cars with trailer/caravan and lorries to occupy two spaces or they will crash!
Let's Play Competition - August 2018
- Post your YouTube "Let's Play" video when you set your highscore as a comment on this page.
- Prize: The winner at the end of August wins $50 (runner up $20 prize for funniest attempt)
- Rules: The complete play session must be included in the video. You must include a link to this page in the description of the video. You must have a PayPal account. Video must be uploaded before 00:00 CET 1st September 2018. The video where the highest score is set wins. If bugs are exploited the submission may be disqualified. There will be a $20 prize to the funnies submission regardless of score. I reserve the right to select winning contributions and to modify the rules if I've made a typo/mistake. You can use the WebGL or the Windows downloadable version. You can submit as many videos as you want if someone beats your score! Webcam, microphone and commentary is encouraged but not required. Winner will be announced on this page.
What's your highscore??
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Parking SpacesAug 13, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hey guys! Winners are: Best score AmDMaster $50, Funniest attempt: Spudcats $20! Please provide me with your PayPal mail addresses so I can send the $$ =) Please reach out via twitter if possible, @Imphenzia - I have a 500 email backlog I am about to attack (mostly spam).
Hey, I will be checking the videos for the competition tonight and announce the winners =)
Hi is the competition over who's the winner..?? Btw nice game loved the concept and the art style... Keep doing this type of games
This is like the first world problems subreddit meets Tertis! Made it to $2047.
$612 (Great Game!)
It this allowed I broke my own record xD (I guess it's allowed it's said in the desc. above)
The new record is $11764, Can't believe Myself
Hi this is AmDMaster,
And I have a submission to make, I just crushed the old record of 5632 and the new record is
9749 for this August session competition, Contact me at email@example.com (If I won)
Here's the link of the video:Thank you for organizing a competition...
Parking guards are serious!
I am making a new version of this game by the way - aiming to release it on mobile 1st September =)
Awesome - keep the videos coming!! =) I should say that you don't get any scores for the gates by the way - that is just used as a last resort if run out of parking spaces. I should have made that clear in the game probably!
This is my wife's record - 5632
Made a video
Nice simple mechanic!
Very good game!
Hey, this is pretty neat! Darn those cars that look one space long at first but you commit and LO AND BEHOLD IT'S TWO SPACES LONG ;-;